none

none

3.17.2014

Peanut Butter M&M Caramel Chex Mix



I have a confession. I have eaten an entire bag of peanut butter M&M's over the past week. I don't know how many calories that is, nor do I care to know. When it comes to peanut butter and chocolate, the numbers on the scale cease to exist.

Well, sort of.


[This picture was taken on my beautiful table. Notice the marks on said table. My three-year-old took a fork to it. That was really nice.]

I keep meaning to post this recipe. It has changed my life. Possibly also my hips.

It is chewy, buttery, sweet, a little bit salty, addicting, and it will not last long in your house.

You will need:

7-8 cups Rice Chex cereal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Peanut butter M&M's

In a large bowl, measure out Rice Chex; set aside. The amount of Rice Chex will depend on how chewy you want it - if you want it more on the chewy side, use 7 cups; if you want it a little crunchier, use 8 cups.

Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or grease with cooking spray.

Melt butter in large saucepan. Add brown sugar and corn syrup until fully blended. DO NOT LET IT BURN (trust me on this).

Add baking soda until combined and bubbly.

Add Rice Chex and remove from heat. Mix well until cereal is coated.

Pour cereal on to cookie sheet to cool and try not to eat it all while you wait.


Pour into large bowl and add peanut butter M&M's (or your favorite flavor).

Hide from your husband and children. Eat it all in one sitting.


Then go for a very, very long run.

ENJOY!!!

(printable recipe here)

5 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this: Eat in one sitting. Yep. You know it's good when you're willing to hide that well to eat it all :) I'll have to pick up some Chex and M&Ms this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Lauren! Truth be told, I didn't eat it all in one sitting... I gave most of it away. But I do think it's good for the soul at times. Particularly when you're a mama. I miss you, friend!

      Delete
  2. yummy! this sounds delicious! sharing with my blog readers tomorrow. thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Christa! hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. can you please come home and this for me?? I miss it. Love you.

    ReplyDelete



blogger template by lovebird